Subject: Intern attire
Now, if you’re reading this you are probably a girl or guy who is pretty into fashion … therefore my advice on where to shop could be seen as patronizing. If anything I’m sure you have far superior/interesting clothes than I do. However I like my simplicity… its kind of my thing you know.
Anyway, let’s carry on and pretend you have no clue what to wear while interning.
Stick with basics… you never know where the day will take you. For example… you could be in work, looking a little worse for wear and all of a sudden working Elle Style Awards that evening. PANIC.
So black, navy, grey and white are key colours.
Top 5 basic essential clothes.
- T-shirts in all colours stated above
- Dressy boots that preferably are comfortable!
- A black blazer
- A smart long-ish coat (navy and black go down well)
- Trainers I suggest Converse, New Balance or trusty Stan Smiths.
You need to wear simple outfits that you can dress up or dress down.
Now… where do I get these types of clothes?
- Zara (duh)
- GAP (cooler than you think)
- Topshop (Although I find Topshop hit and miss, recently it’s been a hit)
- H & M (My trusty basics, love)
- Marks and spencer (you’ll be surprised)
- Lastly, whatever company you work for! RAID THAT SAMPLE SALE.
My advice to you is dress for you! You will most likely on our first day dress up a little as you don’t know the formality of the office. Then when you realize your company is jeans, trainers and a t-shirt kinda place then make your call. However don’t be afraid to dress up if you want to.
What’s the popular saying? You do you gurl.
Don’t try and fit in!
Let me know what your shopping preferences are.